want to know something totally not interesting?
i've been blogging for over 4 years now.
that's a super long time in the blog world.
but it wasn't really until this last year that i started putting real effort into making my blog something that not only i read.
last summer i tried really hard to make it all happen, but the whole not having a computer thing put a serious cramp in my blogging style. but for a short amount of time, i was able to blog regularly enough to qualify for a handful of Liebster Award nominations. holla!
but here's the thing: i don't have a flapjackin' clue what a Liebster Award is exactly. i mean if there are nominees does that mean there's a winner? i just don't know. but i do know it means something good and that people like reading your blog.
and i do know that it's basically a really fantastic way for new readers to get to know you a bit better.
Miss Elle over at Life on Countryside and i are working together on re-designing her blog and, after having been nominated herself, she was thoughtful enough to nominate me for this tender Liebster Award again.
and i think that's pretty awesome because 1) she's pretty awesome. 2) i have some new followers that might just like to read some random crap about me. 3) i always enjoy writing random crap about myself. #narcissist
so let's get on with it, shall we?
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Write 11 facts about yourself once nominated
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
|this was a totally candid picture. Tyra just always taught me to be on my game.|
1. i used to have super healthy hair down to my booty.
2. i'm allergic to cats. (my friend's cat slept an entire night on my face one time. my eyes were swollen shut.)
3. i have super vivid and incredibly real dreams every single night. and i remember quite a bit of them.
4. my english teacher accused me of plagiarizing a paper my junior year of high school because, "No teenager can write this well..". (ps. i didn't plagiarize the paper.)
5. i have a really high pain tolerance.
6. i love drugstores.
7. i sleep with my baby blanket and a white noise app.
8. i don't particularly love flowers. i like seeing them. but i think they smell weird and i don't like them to be given to me as gifts. and i didn't have any in my wedding.
9. totally weird/gross, but i really love popping zits.
10. i shave my legs at breakneck speeds.
11. i know every single word to It's The End of the World as We Know It by REM.
1.If you could be one animal what would you be and why?
one animal? that's tough. because i would love to fly like a bird, climb trees like a squirrel, float about like an otter and sleep like a dog. can we just call that my answer? i don't do well with specific answers.
2. What is your favorite candy?
i love a lot of candy. most every tooth in my head is a Sweet one. but the Mini Cadbury Eggs are sort of the most amazing things ever. but when those aren't in season, i love any candy with peanut butter.
3. What would your Super Hero name be and what is the super power she would have?
i would want to be able to apparate (or teleport, for all of you non-harry potter fans). my name? On Time Girl?
4. When is your Birthday and what is your sign?
i'm an Aries. but i can't say much else about my birthday before becoming totally riddled with anxiety about getting old.
5. Nike or Puma?
6. Favorite book you have read in the last 6 months?
favorites are so hard for me. i read Little Women for a Book Club i'm in and i really just love the wholesome simplicity of it.
7. What kind of phone do you have?
my phone is dead. the real kind of dead. thanks for bringing it up.
8. Who was your first crush and why?!
i had a crush on a boy named Tyler in the 2nd grade. he had pretty blue eyes and he was kind of a goof. apparently my taste didn't change much.
9. Socks or Barefeet?
my house is ancient and has next to no insulation. even when it's warm outside, my house is cold. so i wear socks a lot now. but i usually prefer bare feet.
10. Who is your hero?
i guess when i really think about it, i have quite a few people i would consider heroic in my life. but the two that first come to mind are a Professor i had at BYU who taught me a lot about myself, depression, and what i was worth. and my best friend. she saved me from an unbalanced former roommate of mine who was legitimately stalking me. high speed chase down the freeway style. that's pretty heroic, no?
11. Why do you blog?
i began blogging because i wanted to remember my life. i felt very strongly that i needed to document it-the good, the bad and the ugly. and now, four years later, it's still the same. the only difference is that i tend to think that maybe other people should maybe read what i have to say, too. just because i don't think my life is just for me.
questions for my nominees.
1) what is your greatest accomplishment in your life thus far?
2) what are your top 3 pet peeves?
3) you're at a dessert buffet with everything sweet and delicious and desserty you could imagine. what do you go for first?
4) if your life were a reality tv series, what would your theme song be? why?
5) what is your ultimate dream job?
6) what is the funniest thing that has ever happened in your life?
7) which celebrity do you think you would/could be the best of friends with?
8) what is your biggest fear?
9) do you have any scars? if so,what are they from?
10) what would your patronus be?
11) what would be the best invention ever?
and i'm nominating:
Kelsey @ Stories of Kel
Lisette @ Northern Belle Diaries
Myranda @ Pretty Living PDX
Laynah @ Those Creepy Crawleys
Anna @ Ever So Anna
Tess @ The Framed Lady
lyrics: i'm a little bit shy, a bit strange and a little bit manic.