January 9, 2013

Today.


these two women are on my mind today. 
these two women are on my heart today as well.
today is my mom's birthday. 
today she was brought into the world by my grandmother.
today my grandmother is taking her final breaths in this world.
today will likely be her last.

today, more than ever, i wish i were not here. 
today i wish i were with them.
today i wish i could be with these two amazing women.

today my heart breaks.
the thought of losing my grandma makes me ache inside.
the thought of not being with them today makes me very, very sad.

6 months ago, my maternal grandfather died.
and i find myself wishing i had something, anything good enough to give to my mom for her birthday that could take away the pain she feels. 

but i fall short. 
i can do nothing but ache for her.
and write a silly blog post to tell her how much i love her.

today i pray for angels to attend. 
today i pray for strength to be given.
today i pray for comfort. for peace.
today i pray for as much joy as possible to be given to my mom.
today i pray for as much solace to be given to my grandma.
today i pray with gratitude that i have these two women to pray for.

love,
kate.

lyrics: be still, my soul. when change and tears are past-all safe and blessèd we shall meet at last. 


5 comments:

  1. This post breaks my heart. The only thing I can say is that it is good for them to be together again. your blog is darling.

    toriandalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that God gives you and your family comfort and keep you all in His perfect peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today and I am sitting here in tears! Praying for your family girl!

    ReplyDelete