March 21, 2012

you're it.


if this actually posts and does not delete itself (AGAIN!) i will be so pleased.
i do not know what i did so wrong to the blogging gods, but they were definitely against me monday night.

i've seen a couple of bloggers playing this tagging game.
and i thought it was a fun thing.
because it's a game.
and because it's effortless blogging.
sometimes i will be itching to blog but will have nothing significant to say.
which has sort of been the case lately. my life is pretty boring as of right now and i don't have much to write about.
but i'm dying to blog more.
waaaamp waaamp. bleh. anyways. whatever. moving on.

my dear friend kaycie over at kaycie as a foster tagged me in this question game.
what game, you ask?
well, i'll tell you. 
here are the rules.
1. Post these rules. 
2. Post a photo. 
3. Post 11 random things about yourself/answer the questions 
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them. 
5. Go to their blog/twitter/facebook and tell them you've tagged them.

easy enough, right?
i thought so, too.  
so here is a picture.
(it's my most recent and fairly decent picture. don't stare for too long or you'll notice my smile-induced lazy eye. and then you will mock me. and trust me, i mock it enough for the both of us. as does my husband. hard times.)

here are 11 random things about me:
1) i love diet coke in the most unhealthy of ways. but i almost never drink it. this is sad.
2) my hair used to be down to my hiney. then i cut it. i regret it.
3) i have played and beat zelda (ocarina of time) on the n64 more times than i even remember.
4) i am a sucker for boy bands.
5) i watched all of the seasons of Greek in 2 1/2 weeks.
6) i had the swine flu
7) i shave my arms. because i like the way it feels in sheets.
8) i love dogs more than i love most people.
9) i'm super allergic to ants.
10) i hate hate hate running.
11) i cannot whistle. not even at all.

and here are kaycie's questions with my answers:

1. What is your favorite childhood memory? 
it's totally weird. because i don't have one major, specific favorite memory. i just loved playing with my siblings. we played that game where the ground was lava and you could only step/jump onto the couch or the assorted pillows and couch cushions we had strewn about the room. sometimes we played hide and seek (and sometimes i would hide in the best spot ever and my siblings would stop trying to find me and just got swimming while i remained in the bathroom cupboard under the sink for houuuuurs. nice. i was the youngest. duh.) and this other game we creatively called "fights in the night". for the life of me, i don't know why my parents let us do it. essentially, fights in the night required 3 things: all children (dressed in all black), a pitch-black room, and the courage balls to face getting the crap beaten out of you. that's right. we dressed in black. we turned off the lights and we beat and kicked and slapped and threw bows until  someone i got a bloody nose. pretty much. we also had a game called "farmer brown". i don't know where that name came from, but my brother would lay on his back, pull his knees to his chin and my sisters or i would sit on his feet. he would count to 3 and then launch us across the room in the general direction of a scant pile of pillows and blankets (which, of course, was our safe and secure landing pad. obvi.) one particular time, my brother overshot or something because all i really remember is doing that mid-air-arms-and-legs-dancing-about move and then landing awkwardly on my left wrist. it broke. i cried. and my brother quickly came to my aid/ quickly put his hand over my mouth and convinced me to stop crying before i went and told my mom that my wrist hurt. good one, brother. 
but those are my favorite-ish memories

2. If you could have a secret identity, what would it be? 
i would be a super hero who fights against heinous crimes  like poor grammar (see teen mom 2), panty lines, makeup-failures, body odor and butt parts.

3. If you could go back to any time period, which one would it be and why? 
noah. (he's a time period, right?) but yes, noah. i want to see how he built that big animal cruise-line and just how it is that he got them all onto it. i mean..isn't it fascinating to think about? i mean seriously. i want to see it. 
 
4. What is your absolute favorite song of all time? Why? 
favorite song? of all time?? are you kidding? i can't. it would be impossible. i mean...there's just too many.
just thinking about it brings about the signs of a serious anxiety attack. i can't answer this question without my therapist present.
 
5. If you knew you were going to die in one week, what would you do for the remainder of your life? 
oy. i would probably cry for like..a while. then i would find someone to fund my (and all of my family/friends') way to the wizarding world of harry potter. and then i would form some sort of arrangement that allowed me to hug a bear (because it is only my number one bucket lister)  and if possible, i would like to be on the ellen show. because ellen is hysterical and i think everyone would need a good laugh with that sort of doom and gloom hanging over them. and taylor swift will be there, too. and she and i will be fast friends and she will write many songs about my life and death. then i will hit up that same philanthropic individual who paid for my trip to the wizarding world of harry potter to pay for my family and friends to also go to schlitterbahn. (because wowza.) and ellen, taylor and the bear can come, too. i would like that a lot. and i would kiss my husband a lot and love on him as much as possible. 

6. If you could relive one moment in your life thus far, what would it be and why? 
i really couldn't narrow it down to one. i suck, i know. roll your eyes and get over it.
so the first one would be efy 2004-

i was 16 and on top of the world. it was the first time in my life that i really felt like i knew who i was and where i was going and what i wanted. i was confident and happy. i was my entire self and i had two best friends by my side. 
the second would be the festival of colors 2008-
i was 19 years old. it was the first super sunny day in months and months and it was a perfect day to not be in hair school (which i had been trucking through for 7 months-with another 7 months to go). i had been in such a funk for so long. winter lasted forever, i missed my family, garrett still had 18 months of his mission left, i was soooo done with hair school and the provo life wasn't proving itself to be all i had hoped. and then i went to the festival of colors (which is an indian celebration which is open to the public and was held in spanish fork, ut. essentially, thousands of people gather together after purchasing bags of colorful chalky paint. at the exact same moment, everyone throws their chalk into the air. a mushroom cloud of color is formed and descends on everyone and everything present. i usually had a minor asthma attack as the chalk coated my lungs completely. and it was awesome. completely awesome. if you ever have the chance to go-do it. and tell me about it. because i love reliving it.). it was sunny and bright (and relatively warm) and i was with friends and we we were covered in chalk paint. and something just switched in my brain. and i was suddenly so happy with my life. and i was thrilled to be where i was when i was. it was such a happy day.

the third would be my wedding day.


i had just turned 22. i had just married my best friend. (for forever.) it was a beautiful day in san diego. and we were surrounded by (almost) all of our family and friends. my dress fit me perfectly, my hair was long, i was having an excellent eyelash day and i really did feel beautiful. i remember trying to etch every moment into my mind. i would stare at garrett and try to keep a mental picture of him in that moment. it was such a perfect day. it was before bills and budgeting. it was before petty arguments over dishes and laundry. it was beautiful. it was a party and everyone was celebrating us. i loved every minute of that day and every now and then i would love to go back and live that again.

7. If you could meet anybody that has already passed on, who would it be? 
easy. michael jackson. i would meet him. and they he would give me a private concert (and i do mean full out concert) and i would clap and cry the entire time. 

8. What animal best describes you and why? 
a dog. i'm a dog. i know that sounds lame because they are truly my little loves. but i'm incredibly loyal to and protective of the people i love. i love to love. i am a people pleaser. i just want to make people happy and to be around the people who love me. i'm a dog.

9. If a genie popped up and granted you 3 wishes, what would they be? 
1) for the entire world of harry potter to be real and for me to be a part of it-complete with magic, a wand, a british accent, an acceptance to hogwarts and to be friends with harry, ron and hermione. (what? no, i've never thought that out before..)
2) for some money (or galleons, provided the first wish was granted). not all the money in the world. just enough to not have to worry ever again. and enough to give to and help others when they need it the way people have given to and helped us.
3) for a singing voice that will allow me to thoroughly express how much i love music.

10. If you could have done one thing differently in your life so far, what would it be? Or do you not have any regrets and why is that? 
i just wish i would have been more outgoing and confident in my high school/college years. i just think i could have done more or tried harder or whatever. and i would change that if i could.

11. If you could be the star in a movie that has already been made, which one would it be and why?
 easy. harry potter. although after this weekend (the hunger games!!) i think i might have a deep longing to play the role of katniss everdeen.


 and here are the people i'm tagging:

and here are my questions:

1) what is your greatest accomplishment in your life thus far?
2)  what are your top 3 pet peeves?
3) you're at a dessert buffet with everything sweet and delicious and desserty you could imagine. what do you go for first?
4) if your life were a reality tv series, what would your theme song be? why?
5) what is your ultimate dream job?
6) what is the funniest thing that has ever happened in your life?
7) which celebrity do you think you would/could be the best of friends with?
8) what is your biggest fear?
9)  do you have any scars? if so,what are they from?
10) what would your patronus be? 
11) what would be the best invention ever?

and i think that's enough of that. 
bleh. so much typing.
i feel like i just wrote a term paper.
ahhh..if only i could have written a term paper while watching felicity on netflix.


love,
kate.


lyrics: take a breath before running. take a breath now before you dive.

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo happy you played along! And that I could be there for 2 out of your 3 top moments in life! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these answers!! You are hilarious. Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete