in all of the hustle and bustle of another moving day-yes, garrett and i are in our own place now- i neglected to update my blog with a very important post.
i don't usually do this sort of thing, but i think i'll make an exception.
my older sister had a birthday on the 13th. her name is jackie. and i think everyone should know how wonderful i think she is.
here are a few reasons why i (and you should, too) love her.
- she is hilarious. truly. i know funny. and she's the one who taught me.
- she was my best friend when i was a complete loser.
- she continually makes me want to be a better person.
- she is so very fashionable. i envy her ability to dress.
- she is capable of making a face similar to this one.
- she will have quote conversations with me.
- she gave me a nickname. Norman Jehoshaphat Longbottom. (i'm serious.) and it stuck.
- she has always believed in me.
- she let me move in with her for a few weeks when she was still newly married.
- she makes me want to be a better person. always.
i could keep going. and perhaps it is all very cliche. it may seem cheap, but it's all very genuine. i can assure you of that. i think she's great and i wish could have seen her on her birthday to tell her all these things to her lovely face.
happy birfday, yackie.
i love you much.
lyrics: you see everything. you see every part. you see all my light. and you love my dark.