1. Be a dear and follow the host and co-host via GFC or Bloglovin'
(or both if you're feeling extra kind.)
2. Remember to post the link up button on your blog or in your link up post for everyone to see.
3. Link up to a specific post (not just your main blog url).
4. Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :)
but what john doesn't know is that i have a pretty quirky wonderland of a body. and you probably don't know it either. so i'm here to fill you in.
this, my friends, is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about my weird, quirky body.
starting at the top:
|that's my dad. isn't he just so handsome?|
|baby brother and me way back in 2007.|
3. my finger tips. garrett has a theory that i was a dog/wolf in some past life. his justifications are something to do with the fact that i have a crazy sensitive nose, (maybe i should have added that. i often rely on my nose more than my other senses. and sometimes i just begin rapidly sniffing to figure out what or where a scent is.) i'm often itchy behind my ears, i can sleep under almost any circumstance and also i have padded finger tips. they're just slightly bulbous right in the center. i never knew this was abnormal until he pointed it out to me. and then i began looking at other people's finger tips. i'm yet to find the rest of my past-life wolf pack.
|second time posting this picture. cue panicking and awkward embarrassment. don't judge me. i was documenting my Insanity progress.|
6. my back. after a failed attempt to open my frozen shut bottom drawer freezer, i realized that something was amiss with my back. thinking it was just a pulled muscle, i didn't think much of it. until my lower back, butt and thighs all began to get tingley and achey and then somehow numbish and super painful at the same time. i talked to my dad, a good and reliable doctor, about it and he told me any kind of tingling and numbness isn't a good thing. so i got an MRI. and it was confirmed that i have an annular tear. ( if you want to read what that means exactly, you may do so here.) the fact of the matter is, there are cushiony discs between each of your vertebrae. one of mine is torn open and causing nerve fibers to be exposed. thus the pain and numbness. it pretty much is just a literal pain in my back. it hurts some days, some days it doesn't. bending and twisting is a nearly lethal activity. and lifting heavy things is out of the question. it's just a weird thing that i have. but remember that brother of mine that is practically my identical twin? he has the exact same tear in the exact same place. odd, am i right?
|ignore the egg. check out those pinky toes. and also my glitter toes. because obviously.|
7. my pinky toes. they're sideways. that's all there is to it. much like the one half of my hairline, i get my wonky toes from my daddy. if you can believe it, his and my sister's are actually even more sideways. and though they do look a bit odd (especially when you look at them next to someone whose toes don't face 9:00 and 3:00) they're actually kind of convenient. their angled shape allows them to fit quite nicely into a peep-toe heel without cramming and jamming my feet in there like unto Drizella and Anastasia.
and there you have it. from head to toe. literally. the truth about this quirky, short wonderland body of mine. sometimes i get really frustrated with it. a lot of times i get down on myself about my weight or my size. but i really liked going through and pointing out all of my quirks and everything that makes me unique rather than pointing out all of my flaws and the things that make me frustrated. i like thinking about the things that are neither good nor bad. but things that just make me me. those are good things to think about, right?
so what are you're quirks? what makes you you?
link up (or comment.) i would love to know.
lyrics: there's nothing wrong with loving who you are..'cause He made you perfect babe.