i turned 24 despite all of my best efforts.
and yes, my best efforts did include both a witch doctor and thorough search for the Fountain of Youth.
i do not half-A my way through anti-aging cures.
but it did happen.
and since i am apparently super lame, yes, i did cry.
there's just no smothering this fear of aging flame that burns within me, i guess.
but i was right, it wasn't all bad. it did have some high points.
one of which came from the fine people behind Instagram when they decided to release the Android app like 48 hours before my birthday. i can only assume that was their special birthday gift to me.
i like to think that they thought about releasing it on my birthday but decided it would be
1) more of a surprise this way.
2) easier for me to capture the events of my birthday more fully.
many and much thanks.
i am now obsessed.
and you should be following me on Instagram. (username: misskatieclaire)
i also did get some lovely presents.
i haven't taken those pictures yet though.
so that will have to come in the next post.
but i did receive happy birthday wishes from just about everyone i know via facebook.
i know it's kind of lame, but i totally love it when i get tons of happy birthdays on facebook.
you have to feel good about yourself when you log into facebook only to find you have 98 new posts to your wall.
heyyo! look who's popular now, high school?!
(i am a loser. still.)
anyways, let's view some instagram shots from the week, shall we?
1) naturally, my first instagram pic would be of gilly. because i love her maybe most?
2) i got sunburned
3) gilly, again. because srsly?! the paw-over-muzzle move?! it can't not be documented.
4) i forgot how derricious lunchables were.
5) this is me. at 24. (just before i wept.)
6) one of my nieces, Meg.
7) i have a thing for yummy snamiches. (also for purposely mispronouncing a myriad of words.)
8) birthday presentsssss.
9) birthday (homemade) peach cobbler. be still my heart. (literally?)
10) and yes, more gilly. sleeping on her favorite step.
so that's the week so far. but since there are still birthday festivities going on-there will be more.
ucky us. :)
kate. lyrics: i found the map to buried treasure and even if we come home empty handed, we'll still have our stories.